Beam Suntory outdoor Structure
Build a one-of-a-kind modular structure for Effen (and other Beam brands) to host and showcase their product in an outdoor festival setting. Consider the layout and how the design evolves over time.
For this concept, we'll start with a shipping container and modify it to be a pop open mini-lounge. The exterior will remain steel and will be painted white, though can be painted to suite the brand and/or event down the road. We will then clad the interior with all wood. A thoughtful and artful design based on natural wood that aligns with, and elevates, the Windy City Smokeout direction.
- Modular: Add more units to create a mini-city with a larger footprint
- Flexible: With an exchangeable inner cladding system you can go from wooden interior one night to LED luminescent acrylic the next.
- Ease: Haul it. Drop it off. Plug it into electric and water. Open it.
- Second floor: This design can accommodate stairs, opening up the possibility for a rooftop space.
- Brand Leap-Frogging: By using wood as the feature material, the Effen structure will complement the look and feel of Windy City Smokeout beer bar, but have a more refined “high shelf” design. This approach allows us to become more engrained in the event while also elevating the Effen brand.
- Shipping/storage costs
Lightweight structural material paired with fabric coverings to create an architectural exterior that houses a open floor plan within. Based on a scaffolding structure, this structure grows and stretches to any footprint.
- User Friendly Set Up: Building the scaffold, hanging the cloth and setting up the space can be done quickly and easily by two or three people.
- Storage costs: Low
- Infinitely expandable: Larger, more complex, different shapes, expansion are all possible with this scaffold-based design
- Luxury tent: The elegant version of those shitty 10'x10' rent-a-tents most folks have at WCS
- Light feature: This design allows us to use LEDs and turn the structure into an illuminated visual landmark.
- Weather: Less resistant to extremely inclement weather